Powerful Advantages of Printing on Plastic Surfaces
When it comes to printing materials, graphics play a strong role just like the substrate it’s printed on. Thus, choosing the right material is very crucial as it helps in displaying long-lasting and engaging visuals to capture the attention of the targeted audience.
That said, plastic has proved to be an extremely reliable and durable printing base for a plethora of applications. But, not all printers are capable of printing plastic materials. That’s why printing on plastic surfaces requires specialized machinery that incorporates curing ink, formulated inks, and sometimes material topcoats for good ink adhesive.
So, if you are looking for plastic printing services, always ensure to partner with a reputed printing company that offers UV screen printing or flatbed digital inkjet printing on varied plastic materials.
Is printing on plastic better than paper printing?
Although wide-format digital printing products are mostly known to be produced on paper, retailers and designers are now opting for plastic substrates. That’s mainly because plastic surfaces are more durable and strong than paper. Furthermore, most of them are even being formulated to be biodegradable and 100 percent recyclable.
Compare to paper, wood, or cardboard, plastic is one of the toughest substrates that can withstand wear and tear as well as harsh climatic conditions. Despite its sturdiness, plastic is very lightweight and can be easily shaped for complex designs and effects. Typically, printing on plastics can serve the need of any application.
While paper printing needs to be fixed on a sturdy surface with a good quality adhesive, printing directly onto plastic surfaces does not involve such requirements. Thus, plastic printing can save a lot of time and additional costs. Now, talking about the environmental friendliness of plastic, it has always been considered a toxic substance. But all thanks to UV printing and manufacturing processes, plastic has proved to be a sustainable option. These printing services have saved hundreds and thousands of pounds of plastic from ending up in landfills and the environment.
In comparison to paper printing, there are numerous benefits to printing on plastics that are listed below.
Benefits of printing on plastics
- Safer Printing: Plastic is one of the best materials that allow printing on a clear and transparent surface. Although glass material can also be used for clear printing yet printing on plastics is a more safe option, especially for signage applications. Plastic is a safe material for manufacturing products like face shields, retail barriers, or PPE that use shatter-resistant, durable, and safe materials.
- Inexpensive: Although plastic materials look expensive at the first sight, it is actually the most affordable option when it comes to printing. Considering paper and other base materials, they incur several hidden charges such as lamination costs, extra mounting, and even replacement costs. This is not the case with plastic card manufacturing. Plastic proves to be quite inexpensive in the long run and an affordable solution for a wide variety of signage applications.
- Weather Resistant: Plastic is highly resilient to harsh climatic conditions. Unlike paper baes that can be damaged due to prolonged exposure to moisture, UV rays, and humidity, plastic bases offer unparalleled durability to a variety of weather elements.
- Long-Lasting: Compared to any other paper-based printing material, plastic has a longer shelf life. Most retail applications offer plastic printings that can withstand heavy wear and tear. It’s particularly apt for applications that involve occasional touching or handling of products. In the case of signage’s that are expected to be on the field for over a month, plastic proves to be a better material than cardstock or cardboard.
- Appearance: Compared to paper or cardboard bases, plastic is considered a more useful option when the appearance, design, and feel of the product are crucial. Since the design and build of any sign directly put a reflection on the product or brand being sold, it’s really important to have manufactured attractive signage’s. While a poorly printed, damaged, and cheap design may put a negative impression of the signage on the audience, impressive signage can draw everybody’s attention and help the product to be sold. Thus, if professionalism, elegance, and quality matter to you the most, choose plastic for manufacturing your business signage’s
Now that you have read the entire blog, you know the powerful advantages of plastic printing in this technological era. Plastics are extremely versatile and durable compared to traditional printing bases such as paper or cardboard. Plastic sheet printing can be used for varied applications, ranging from retail signage to vehicle advertising.
Plastic signage can be utilized in different verticals of advertisements, business cards, ID badges, educational purposes, decorative elements, etc. However, ensure to partner with a printing company that has hands-on experience in the field of large-format UV screen printing and large-format UV digital printing.